Hybrid cables and multifunctional cable
Hybrid cables & Multifunctional cables - diverse cable components
Our hybrid cables offer a diverse range of combinable cable components, encompassing copper buffered fibers, optical fibers, coaxial cables, shielded pairs, and data/control/supply lines. It’s also feasible to mix different types of fibers, like singlemode and multimode, within a single hybrid or multifunctional cable.
- Compact cable design featuring reduced outer diameters for space efficiency
- Efficient, time-saving installation due to pre-assembled cables with connectors
- Capability to link various applications using a single hybrid or multifunctional cable
- Customized cable configurations available with a minimum order starting at 1 km
Range of products and services
- Variety of types ranging from 2 to 288 fibers, including both singlemode and multimode fibers
- Multifunctional design featuring reinforced glass rovings, a moisture barrier for strain relief, and protection against rodents
- Incorporation of copper elements up to a maximum of 4 mm²
- Free of halogens
- Resistant to ultraviolet (UV) light
- Suitable for direct burial in the ground
- Constructed without metal
- Equipped with protection against rodent damage
- Waterproof across the transverse axis
- Waterproof along the longitudinal axis
- Mechanical engineering
- Factory automation
- Instrumentation and control engineering
- Imaging systems
- Audio and video technology
- Special applications
- Primary cabling
- Backbone area
- For pulling into conduits
- Installation on cable trays
- Direct ground laying
Frequently Asked Questions about Hybrid cables
1. What are Hybrid cables and Multifunctional cables, and how are they utilized?
Our Hybrid cable and Multifunctional cable are specialized cables that can incorporate a wide variety of cable elements such as copper buffered fibers, optical fibers, coaxial cables, shielded pairs, as well as data, control, and supply lines. They enable multiple applications to run simultaneously through a single cable, which makes them a versatile solution for complex installations where multiple types of cable would otherwise be required. They offer both space and time-saving advantages, reducing the complexity of installations and improving efficiency.
2. What are the benefits of space-saving cable construction and what does a smaller outer diameter imply in the context of hybrid cables?
The combination of various cable elements within a single hybrid cable results in a space-saving cable construction. This implies that less room is required for cable management and installation, which is particularly advantageous in space-restricted environments. A smaller outer diameter further contributes to space-saving and can also enhance the flexibility and handling of the cable.
3. What does a minimum order length of 1 km for individual cable designs signify?
We offer the option to create individual cable designs tailored to specific requirements. The minimum order length for these custom-designed cables is 1 km. This means that we are able to design and manufacture cables to your specific requirements, provided the order meets this minimum length.
4. What does 'Product properties' mean with regard to hybrid cable?
'Product properties' refers to the specific attributes and characteristics that define our hybrid cable. These include being halogen-free, UV-resistant, suitable for direct ground laying, metal-free, equipped with rodent armoring, and both transversely and longitudinally waterproof. These features ensure the durability and reliability of the cables in various application environments.
5. What does it mean for a cable to have 'singlemode and multimode fibers'?
'Singlemode' and 'multimode' fibers refer to the types of fibers that can be used in our hybrid cable. Singlemode fibers allow for the transmission of light signals over greater distances, making them ideal for telecommunications and networking applications. Multimode fibers, on the other hand, allow for the transmission of light signals over shorter distances, making them ideal for applications such as local area networks and data centers. Our hybrid cable can incorporate either or both types of fibers depending on the specific requirements of the application.